Preparation for First Holy Communion is normally a two year process. Students must have
attended one full year prior to the reception of the sacraments.
- The children that attended Catechism or Catholic School the previous year, and are in the 3rd
grade or above are eligible for 1st Communion.
- Catholic school children will also need to participate in our First Eucharist retreats and in some cases
attend our Sacrament Classes.
- Parent sessions are mandatory and failure to attend these sessions may result in the postponement of the
student’s reception of the Sacrament.
- 4th – High School students who wish to receive the Sacraments need to attend their regular
Religion classes plus additional classes to prepare for First Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- The additional sacrament classes will begin in
If you have any questions concerning
First Eucharist, please call Sister Oralia at 210-225-6622